1. Software Engineer – High Performance Computing
Alta Dynamics is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its software team for developing and optimizing high performance computing algorithms for various problems in the areas of fluid and structural mechanics, and other physics. This position offers the opportunity to demonstrate your talent and expertise by participating in the development of innovative functionality and scalability for our software.
Experience with software development using C++ is required. A master’s or PhD degree in computer science, math, physics or engineering is preferred. Hands on experience with MPI, and demonstrated success, are required as well. Candidate should have expertise in both distributed memory parallel computing and shared memory computing.
Other desired qualifications are
- Experience with GPU computing and CUDA
- Experience with python and Fortran
- Excellent debugging skills
- Knowledge of CFD or FEA
- Knowledge of mesh and computational grid
- Computational geometry
- Linux expertise, cross platform development
- Experience with machine learning
- Graphics and rendering
2. Senior Physicist – CFD
Alta Dynamics is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its CFD team responsible for developing new physics models for emerging complex flow related solutions. This position offers the opportunity to demonstrate your talent and expertise by participating in the development of innovative functionality and features to our unique gas kinetics – based core technology.
In this role, the candidate should have substantial knowledge in complex fluids flow physics including aerodynamics, turbulent models, multiphase flows, fluid and wall interactions and flows of multiple scales. This candidate is expected to contribute to product development of required physics extensions in complex fluid flow for new engineering applications. This individual should be able to independently carry out relevant work assignments such as:
- Formulate and develop viable extensions/improvements in new physics models.
- Design and implement numerical algorithms to address various complex fluid flow phenomena.
- Improve existing physics models and corresponding algorithms.
- Analyze simulation results.
The successful candidate must be talented, creative, enthusiastic and collaborative in developing new computational capabilities in complex fluid flow science and engineering applications. Strong analytical skills and background in mathematics are highly desired. The candidate is also expected to have adequate skills for interaction/collaboration with Physics team members with diverse technical expertise and backgrounds, as well as with software developers and application engineers.
Experience and Education:
- PhD in Physics, Engineering or equivalent field is required.
- 5 + years Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience.
- Substantial background/experience in complex and multi-phase fluid flow physics.
- Deep knowledge in fundamental fluid mechanics.
- Excellent mathematical knowledge and analytical skills.
- Experience in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and numerical analysis.
- Experience in fluid structure interactions (FSI).
- Experience in combustion and flame analysis.
- Experience with/understanding of multi-scale flow physics.
- Good related computer programming skills; proficient in C++.
- Strong independent problem analyzing and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of kinetic theory and lattice Boltzmann method (LBM) is a plus.
- Previous experience with CFD/CAE commercial software is a plus.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team; good English oral/written communication
Key Words: Complex fluids, Computational Fluid Dynamics, CFD, aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, numerical analysis, numerical algorithms, gas kinetics, lattice Boltzmann, LBM.
Please email CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alta Dynamics is a well-funded company focused on developing computer software based on advanced physics and computer algorithm. The company is based in Concord Massachusetts and it is growing quickly. Alta Dynamics promotes a small, dynamic and healthy work environment with an on-site fitness center.
Alta Dynamics offers very competitive salary for qualified individuals. The company also offers 401k match, health insurance, paid-vacation and relocation assistance. Alta Dynamics does not sponsor any work visa.
Alta Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.